When you have defined your core values and figured out your big vision, it’s finally time to start building your own personal brand. The first thing you need to do is to choose the right strategy. I’ve written about 3 different approaches to personal branding and you can read them here. When you’ve done that, it’s time to get concrete and figure out how to actually build a strong personal brand. If you don’t know how to do that, don’t worry. That’s why I wrote you this blog post about 25 ways to strengthen your personal brand.
But before we get to that list I want to say you couple of words about successful personal brands. Okay, I know I have already said couple of things about the topic but there’s even more I want to share with you. The most important piece of advice I can give you is this: Consistency is a key. It doesn’t matter if you do some great plans and set up your personal branding strategy if you aren’t able to work consistently. So whatever you chose to do, keep doing it. None of these 25 things will work if you only do them once nothing will happen.
Anyway, now I’ve said what I wanted to say, so it’s time to strengthen your personal brand. Let’s get started with
25 ways to strengthen your personal brand
Here are things to do when you want to strengthen your personal brand. You don’t have to do them all to create a successful personal brand. Just choose things that will fit into your branding strategy.
- Make sure you have a professional profile picture on all your social media accounts
- Buy yourname.com domain – even if you don’t have a blog or a website yet
- Start blogging
- Create a portfolio website
- Craft a killer elevator pitch
- Share industry-related articles and content on social media
- Share your own content on social media
- Re-write your LinkedIn summary
- Attend a networking event
- Design and purchase professional business cards
- Attend relevant conversations on social media
- Start your own YouTube channel
- Figure out skills you need and start learning them
- Attend a twitter chat
- Host a twitter chat
- Start using Periscope
- Attend a webinar
- Host a webinar
- Rewrite all your social media profiles
- Create a content plan for your blog and social media
- Leave meaningful and valuable comments on other people’s blogs
- Hire a mentor
- Track your success (social media following, blog traffic) regularly
- Set concrete goals for your personal brand
- Remember that your personal brand isn’t your whole story – you can do other things as well
So what do you think? Do you have any other methods for growing your personal brand?